crazy oil pressure

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: crazy oil pressure
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:10:13 -0400
Now this is weird.  I've always used Castrol 20/50
in all my LBC's.  I had just changed the oil prior to
the Carlisle Import Show trip.

On the way home from Carlisle...we (Gail and I)
noticed the oil pressure was a bit low.  Warm, it
was max'ing out 40 psi. And yet at an idle, it never
really went below 20psi.

I was beginning to believe maybe my oil pump had taken
a nose dive.  So today, I put in a fresh supply of
Mobil 1 15/50.  Wow!  Now considering the old 20/50
Castrol had less than 150 miles on it.... why would
the Mobil 1 push my pressure right back up to the
80-90psi range cold?
Right out of the bottle, the M.1. 'swishes' around as if
it's thinner than what came out of the crankcase.

...stumped here....

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com