Thank you...but i need more help.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Thank you...but i need more help.
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:04:44 +0000
Hello all,

  Thank you all who responded to my transmission removal question.  You were
all very helpful and i was able to pull the trans. out with no problems.

But now the more interesting (and disgusting...) is that i have a clutch kit
that WILL NOT FIT!!!

You must all think that i am redculous for taking on this project since i am
running into so many problems and not knowing what i am doing.  But thus far
you all have been a tremendous help and i could not have come this far
without you.  So here goes...

I must have a 1500 flywheel becuase it is too big for the 1296 clutch kit
but it still fits on the engine no problems.  Is this possible?  Here is
what i have:

Trans.# = 1481
Engine Block # = FE14769E
COMM.# = FD14309

The measurments on the flywheel are approx. 11.5" (outside diameter) and the
inside diameter (clutch plate surface) is approx. 7.5".

It seems that everything is 1296 (MK3), but the flywheel is wrong...again,
is this possible?  Now do i try to return the clutch kit and get a 1500 kit
with the correct number of notches on the inside of the clutch plate to
match up with the notches on the input shaft?  OR should i buy a new
flywheel and keep the correct clutch kit?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you,
  Dave
  '68 Mk3 (I think?)