Re: Flooding SU carb

To: ralemen@cableone.net
Subject: Re: Flooding SU carb
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:29:47 -0400 (EDT)
Sure sounds like carb bowl heating up.  Radiant heat from the exhaust
system is not being dissipated by any flowing air, so the carb bowl
heats up, boiling the fuel and pushing it out of the jet.  See the
recent threads on heat shields for preventive measures.

One other possibility is a missing insulating spacer.  There should be
a phenolic spacer between the carb and intake manifold, IIRC.

Donald.