Re: Seatbelts

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: robert.dambrauskas@kodak.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:14:29 -0400
James,
Sorry to hear about your accident and it's a shame your car was so badly
damaged. However , you weren't seriously injured and the car looks
salvagable !
It could have been much worse. I was in an accident in 1976 that
"totalled"  my 1967 MK II. My father found a "parts car " for $60.00 with
a good bonnet and frame. And then the fun began , I swapped parts and
started building my car. So... don't despair , it can be done!
Were you wearing your lap belt ?  And if you were wearing it , do you
think it helped prevent more serious injury ? It seems we don't have a lot
of choice , lap belts are pretty much it , but I'm sure someone,  somehow,
has converted to shoulder harnesses. Keep us posted on your physical
condition and also what you decide to do with your Spit.
Cheers,
bob