Re: Fw: Wiring Harness Tape

To: "griffco" <griffco@griffco.ca>, "spitlist"
Subject: Re: Fw: Wiring Harness Tape
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:18:55 -0400
At 08:42 AM 4/17/2003 -0600, griffco wrote:

>I bought new wiring tape from British Wiring, and when I asked how to fasten
>the ends down, as per original, they said 'use black tape'.  I am
>disappointed.  There has to be a better way.  Anyh black tape I have used
>loses its grip, oozes sticky, and isn't original.

I have seen side by side on the shelf in a store, 50-cent, one-dollar,
two-dollar, and three-dollar rolls of electrical tape.   The cheap one was
generic made-in-China, and the $3 one was 3M's best-quality.

So get some of the best extended-temperature, made-in-USA tape,
and it will probably last a long time.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit