Rear Suspension Question

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Suspension Question
From: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:25:10 -0400
A couple of months ago, I purchased two rear half-axels (from the u-joint
out to the brake drums) from eBay to use as spare parts ($50 for the pair,
not bad, eh Fred?).  I want to try the installation of a new bearing in the
trunnion to replace the needle bearings with a good roller bearing (by HP
Imports of North Carolina).  Anyway, I had to strip the axel down to the
bare minimum for shipment, so I removed the rear vertical link today and
found another set of holes drilled in the upper end of the vertical link,
exactly one inch down from the original (reinforced) hole.  It looks like
someone tried to change the rear end suspension geometry by lowering the
point where the leaf spring attaches to the rear vertical link.

The question is what changes to the rear end geometry will this new leaf
spring attachment point give to my Spit?  Will it change the negative
camber?   Is this good?  I have a 1980 Spit.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga