Re: Fuel Pump Question(s)/help - long

To: "J & C Cullen" <ccullen16@cogeco.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Question(s)/help - long
From: "Bob Boehmer" <bob.boehmer@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:57:20 -0500
If the fuel line goes completely dry from the tank to the inlet of the pump
it can take a LONG time cranking the engine before you will get fuel to the
pump. I suggest that you carefully remove the fuel line from the pump inlet.
Hold it down towards the ground and see if any fuel dribbles out. If not
siphon it until you do get some fuel out, reconnect, and see if you get gas
out of the pump.

If you know you have gas at the pump inlet and you get nothing out of the
pump I'd first see if your pump can be disassembled and cleaned. If it is
sealed you will need to replace the pump.

Bob