Re: molded carpets - all same manufacturer?

To: "chip kigar" <ckigar@sound.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: molded carpets - all same manufacturer?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:24:40 -0800
Chip,

I have the sinking feeling that they're all coming out of the same place.  I
bought a set from Rimmer Bros. for a former Spitfire and while the
installation was easy, I was disappointed with the overall quality of the
carpet and the piece that would have been the nicest to be moulded (the radius
arm mounts inside the car behind the seats) was NOT!  I just purchased the
deluxe deep pile set from Spitbits and I'm VERY pleased.  Binding where there
should be, really nice quality carpet, heel pads on BOTH sides and the fit is
very, very good for half the price (or even less) than the moulded stuff.  I
learned the hard way.

Here, take a peek:

http://www.totallytriumph.net/spitfire/projects/carpets3.jpg

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Back on the road 3/17/03... right back off six days later...
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net