Re: Additional Suggestions for Manifold Removal? (Was Open-End

To: "Ron Deaver" <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Additional Suggestions for Manifold Removal? (Was Open-End
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:32:39 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Deaver <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>

> The wrench is quite nice and seems to perform as advertised.  However, the
> angle of attack is still too extreme to get to the nuts from above, between
> the 2nd and 3rd intake ports in the middle.  Removing both of the upper
> middle studs may create enough clearance to get an open-end wrench like the
> Alden Wrench on the nuts.  Has anyone ever tried this approach?  Anyone have
> any other ideas?

I've had good luck in the past by using 3/8" drive sockets rather than the 1/2"
variety. It's a few years since I've had to do this, but as I remember I used a
knuckle jointed bar rather than a ratchet - this gave enough articulation to
loosen and tighten the nuts under the manifold,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics