painting cylinder head and cleaning water ways WAS: rusty

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>
Subject: painting cylinder head and cleaning water ways WAS: rusty
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:29:24 -0000 (GMT)
Would this stuff be any good for painting my cylinder head with? At the
moment it's got a sort of weird black stuff on it... not really paint...
just sort of stuck on dirt - its werid. I havent tried removing it yet.

You can't really see from the photos...

http://www.pbase.com/jcarruthers/newcylinderhead

And what about cleaning out the water ways in the head? They've got lots
of yucky hard water deposits - a bit like limescale... Im thinking kettle
descaler or something...

Oh - and storing the thing... it might be a while until I get the lower
part of the engine sorted - is a drench in WD40 a good idea?

James