Re: '70 dual brake master question

To: Jdgar0649@aol.com
Subject: Re: '70 dual brake master question
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:17:15 -0700
Joe, When I did mine I simply took the master apart and with the piston,
kept all the old parts in order noting direction of the old rubber seals
and rebuilt in order with the new parts. I do have both Haynes and
Bentley. I never even did the bench bleeding, but it may help, as I did
have trouble getting the air round the bends in the pipe and out the
slave bleed nipple. My solution ended up with several very hard, fast
pumps on the clutch with the bleed hose in an almost sealed container so
that it did not fly all over the place and also so the old brake fluid
did not splash everywhere.

Alan