Spongy Brakes

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spongy Brakes
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:56:22 +0000
Ok,

Brakes,

What should they feel like?

Mine have no "bite" at all at the moment... I thought that perhaps it
was me having an off day... but Ive come close to rear bumpers too often
now.

The only brakes I have properly experienced are on modern cars with
servos - and my spit has always felt different to them - which I thought
was for obvious reasons. And I've never been able to lock my brakes,
only in the wet - and even then with some serious foot pressure.

Im going to install some green stuff brake pads Ive had since November
over the weekend - and bleed the brakes (in that order?) to see if that
makes a difference.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit - frictionally challenged