Re: [triumph_herald] Bitumastic for chassis paint?

To: mlspadaro@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Bitumastic for chassis paint?
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:08:21 EST
Hi Mary, Thanks for the reply.............and glad to hear that you have
decided against that black stuff. As for what to use, well, I would go with
what a lot of the list does and that is to use POR-15, ( I think thats right)
I would think that most users will recommend it again and again. It seems to
be the best rustproofing application or so I am lead to believe as I havent
yet used it on my chassis. As for paint, all you have to do is to look at the
paint being used on cars these days and you will find its very good at
resisting most things. Even stone chips. Although your chassis is a lot more
susceptible to chips than a car body. I would suggest you get some good
stonechip paint and use that. Have fun.................................

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)

Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.   Checked by AVG Anti-Virus-Guard

                       http://www.grisoft.com