Propshaft update

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Propshaft update
From: simon.halliwell@royalmail.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:36:14 +0000
Hi,

Thank to everyone who replied to my question about removal of the prop shaft
from
my Mk3 Spit.
The shaft came out easily after removal of the back half of the exhaust system
and
I had the UJ's replaced and the shaft balanced professionally - wow, what a
difference.  There was a rumble from the transmission over 60mph that would
become
unbearable above 70mph but this is now gone completely.  I took the opportunity
(having access to the underside of the car) to fit a 12" extension pipe to the
clutch slave cylinder bleed screw so I can now bleed the clutch from inside the
engine compartment, again a very successful operation that has made one of the
most
annoying jobs on the Spitfire much easier.

I'm now waiting for a clear day to enjoy the new 'rumble free' ride.  If anyone
in
the UK is considering this type of work on their prop shaft then the cost was
about
#50 for same day service, I can supply the details if you eMail me.

Regards,

Simon.

This  email  and  any  attachments  are confidential and intended for the
addressee
only.   If  you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose,
reproduce,
copy  or  distribute the contents of this communication.  If you have received
this
in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email from your system.