73 GT6 start up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 GT6 start up
From: Sam Gentry <sam@spit6.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:36:22 -0400
I finally got around to starting my 73 GT6.  It started pretty easily
considering that it has been 2.5 years since it last ran and that was only
a brief test.  I set the timing to 12 before static and tried to set it to
the spec 4 after while idling.  I could get no further than 2 before and it
would slow down and start to miss and backfire.  It was idling at about
900-1000.  It would also miss and backfire if I try to slow the idle to the
spec 800-850.  It is also a little rich.

I still have plenty of things to check and try, but I thought I would see
if anyone had any ideas which way to go.

Sam
www.spit6.com