73 GT6 plumbing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 GT6 plumbing
From: Sam Gentry <sam@spit6.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:44:21 -0400
I am putting my 73 GT6 back together and I don't know where all the vacuum
hoses go.  If anyone has a 73 (the 72 is different) take a look  and let me
know where all this stuff goes.

There is one port on the valve cover, one on each carb near the manifold
and I think these connect together and go to the canister.

There is one port on each carb near the air filter box and two ports on a
gadget that taps into the top of the intake manifold.  I don't know where
these go and I don't know where to take the vacuum for the distributor.

I know that there was an antirun on valve that hooks in there some were and
one port on the canister goes to the fuel tank vent.  All of the canisters
I have are three ports on top, but I think that is just the later design
and I will block one port.  However, I am not sure about that.  This thing
was already disassembled when I got so I have never seen it put together.

I have a lot of books, but none of them tells everything, not even the
parts book.  The catalogs show the same as the parts book.

Pictures would be nice, but I can probably  sort it out from a description.

Thanks, Sam

www.spit6.com