Re: Where did everyone go ? The M25 - "Bring a good book..."

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where did everyone go ? The M25 - "Bring a good book..."
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:33:44 +0100
I've been driving my mum's Fiesta 1.3 yucky yuck around the notorious M25
London ring road - took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to drive home toady -
thats a total of 40 miles!!!! Although on this occasion I was glad to have
the Fiesta with its very light clutch pedal (compared to the Spit) - my foot
was aching by the time I got home - it would have probably been numb if I
had been driving the Spit.

And of course - as luck would have it - whilst in the Fiesta I saw 2 Spits
on consecutive days! One going in the same direction, so I missed out on a
convoy for a couple of miles. The other Spit was worryingly on the hard
shoulder on the other side of the motorway - with driver nowhere to be
seen - and what seemed to be a sticker on the drivers window. Odd...

Why am I not driving my Spit? Because it's exhaust gasket blew whilst I put
it throught the very same punishment. Fixing it tomorrow... on Monday it'll
be back to the M25 again... going top whack in the fast lane - which at the
moment is only 80ish... yet to figure out the problem...

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit