Powdercoating... what to expect?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powdercoating... what to expect?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:09:30 -0700
Greetings listers,

I'm just getting ready to pick up my set of Bell headers which I had ceramic
coated locally.  This same outfit also does powder coating and I'm considering
having some items done there also, like the M/C mounting brackets, radiator
cradle, support rods and mounting panels, etc., and I'm just wondering a
couple of things...  If I bring in a box of parts, how will I know what is a
reasonable sum to charge for these items?  Also, do I need to prep them in any
way (remove paint, dust, etc.) before bringing these items in?  Or will they
chemically strip them first anyway?

Just curious about the process before I set down the can of Hammerite and pull
out my wallet.  TIA.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net