Spitfire-won't

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire-won't
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:23:52 -0500
My 75 has had an intermittent problem for the last few years-Occaisonally I
get a "click" from the starter solenoid when turning the ignition key. but no
other signs of life.  Replaced the Starter solenoid and had the starter bench
tested.  Same problem. 12v goes to solenoid to create loud "click" but starter
doesnt turn over.  I "think" the infamous Brown Wire from the ignition to the
solenoid may be suspect. (whole electrical system is, so go figure..)

Even rolled chassis while in 4th gear thinking I had a "bad spot" on starter
gearing-still no joy.  Anybody else experienced something similar? and were
you able to fix it?  :)

Rick Stieg
75 Spit-watching the cool summer weather from the garage......