Re: Spitfire performance

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire performance
From: reed mideke <rfm@redshift.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 18:22:49 -0700
This page lists speeds for US and UK versions, which is perhaps
a bit more of an upgrade than just the carbs:
http://www.triumphspitfire.com/speed.html
It doesn't list RPM, but that should be an easy calculation.

Mine has reached about 5400 in fifth (108 mph est.) before I
chickened out. With a suitably crazy driver, it should do
almost 120 mph. Very far from stock though...
I would never encourage anyone to go that fast on a public road,
especially in a spit. It really feels like it is floating over
a hundred.

--
Email:               rfm(at)redshift.com or rfm(at)portalofevil.com
Home page:                             http://www.redshift.com/~rfm