Re: Insurance

To: steve walls <stevewalls1@yahoo.com>, Spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:09:18 +0100
Woo Hoo, a question I can answer for once,

I am 19 by the way (8 days to go until Im 20 though)

Firstly - Richard and Mikes stuff might be a bit wrong. Some of those quoted
won't touch under 21's - some even under 25's (if I remember correctly) - and I
don't think its a good guide to go on if you're younger. Some insurers will
either just say no - or give you a stupid price - if you're 21/25 etc.

The cheapest place I found was Footman James - I am currently only on third
party, fire and theft for 615 pounds. Its going down by 100 pounds once Im 20
and every birthday after that. I am in a quite expensive post code (it could
have been 200 pounds higher if it was my home address, rather than my student
digs) and a TSSC member. Comprehensive was twice that price (1200 pounds).

I will be continuing to looking around though - I'll try the insurers that
didn't take me because of my age before. Im hoping I'll be able to afford
comprehensive.

I should point out I didnt ring around as many as Mike did. But it was a fair
few.

I don't know if this is anybody elses experience - but if you hold out until
after summer to buy the car - you're likley to get it cheaper - and have more
choice. 2 out of the 4 owners I saw wanted to sell it because summer was over.
This might just have been a fluke though. I was looking last September.

In the excitement of being able to answer a question, I forgot what garmmar
is.....  apologies....

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit