Re: Radiator question

To: flinters@picarefy.com
Subject: Re: Radiator question
From: gary durham <gjdurham@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:41:06 -0500
Liv,

I am in COMPLETE agreement with Dan.  Have wanted to write you re this
for some time as you keep mentioning it.  Remember, that if the car
(cold) is 0%, and red line temp (hot) is 100%, then the Spit should
NORMALLY run at about 75%-80%.  And, on a hot, muggy summer day, it'll
get so close that it'll scre the be-Jesus out of you.  HOWEVER, that
being said, yes, there's something wrong if it's running that hot on a
45F degree day, with two fans installed.

Say.. just a second... are you running an electric fan (pushing) from the
front, AND a mechanical fan (pulling) from the rear of the Rad?!  If so,
and they are not extremely well 'synch'd', won't that offset with some
turbulence, in effect, somewhat self defeating to a certain degree?

Anyway, flush and reverse flush hard yourself.  Doubt it, but I've seen
stranger things work, otherwise as Dan suggests.  Just my two cents (i.e.
Canadian nickel!  : )

<<that's a joke, everyone, relax!>>

Also, if you decide you DO need to go a different Rad route, let me know.

Luck,

Gary