Re: Definitions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Definitions
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:08:00 +0100
In article <F224GwM0OOJrzF5ldfZ0000bc59@hotmail.com>, L G
<boynigel@hotmail.com> writes
>>In article <20020510003627.70197.qmail@web12204.mail.yahoo.com>, Terry
>>Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com> writes

>> >A little test. One of these statements is
>> >grammatically incorrect:
>> >"I own a classic Porsche Speedster"
>> >"I own a vintage Ford Mustang"
>> >"I own an antique Corvette"
>> >
>> >Email me if you know the answer and why.

>What's the answer-which phrase is incorrect?

Terry has sworn me to secrecy.   Go on - have a stab at it.

>I love the idea that Nigel is Mid-Elizabethan! It's so...fitting!

<g>

>I consider Spitfires to be "Vintage"-not quite classics (though Dave
>says Nigel is "High Performance"-maybe he just means high maintenence!)
>Maybe Spittys are veterans...but not antique. No, they're "vintage" to
>me.

I can't cope with the concept of a car that is ten years younger than I
am being "vintage" - that would make me nearly antique, for goodness
sake!

>And congratualations on your Herald-I am sooo jealous!

Thank you. :-)   Anytime you fancy a ride in her, just call round.
(Can't be more than a few thousand miles to travel...)

ATB

--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV