Re: weekends

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weekends
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:36:29 -0400
On 4 May 2002 at 11:07, Fred Thomas wrote:
> Damn I hate weekends, everyone is away from their office,

Hi, Fred.  Some of us have a PC or two at home!  Today the weather is
beeyouteeful and I'm gonna' be in the garage pulling the tranny out
of Nigel instead of driving either Nigel or Percy.  Gotta' find that
chirp.  Nigel (the guy at Spitbits, not the car) tells me that it is
probably a missing or broken pin on the throwout arm and must be
fixed.  Bummer.  Just got everything back together too.  Still, there
are worse ways to spend a weekend!

(I posted a query on this to triumphs@autox but not spitfires@autox.
The story is that after I put it all back together it chirps when the
clutch is engaged, but slight pressure on the pedal makes the noise
change pitch or go away.  The usual TR6 analysis, as described so
well by Nelson Riedel on the Buckeye Triumphs website, doesn't seem
to apply because the clutch arrangement is different, with the TO
bearing always in contact with the finger springs.  So today the
whole dadgummed thing comes apart ag'in.  With luck it will be back
together by Tuesday.)
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com