Re: Another running spitfire/suspension stuff (long)

To: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another running spitfire/suspension stuff (long)
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:04:46 -0400
I have MKIII front springs in my 77 - the resulting ride height is just
about right, about 2.5" lower than with the 1500 springs. I think I am
actually helped out a bit by a slightly tired rear spring. My car sits dead
level fore and aft. Beware though, you will have much less ground clearance
-  I broke my old 4-1 header on a high crowned road. No worries with the
new stainless steel stock system though.

Anyone know what the specs are for a UK 1500 spring vs. a US model? I have
a suspicion that the MKIII spring was used right through in the old
country. My car sits just like the ones I have seen in Europe.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Freddy the Spit

><snip>

And since we're on suspensions, every since I installed the Spax shocks on