Re: dashpot problem

To: Lwestgaph@cs.com
Subject: Re: dashpot problem
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:16:43 -0400
I think the last time this got discussed on the list, the
consensus was that you should use whatever your car seems to
run best with.  I have seen a special oil formulated for
carb dashpots but haven't tried it.  Some people use ATF,
some use 10W.  My GT6 seems happiest with plain old 10W-30
motor oil.  I tried 10W and it ran like crap until it was
fully warmed up.  It probably has a lot to do with altitude,
temperature and a lot of other variables.  In my opinion,
there is no "correct" product to use.  YMMV
Dave