Re: Installing Oil Seal in Timing Cover

To: teamx <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installing Oil Seal in Timing Cover
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:09:26 -0500
Hugh,

When I rebuilt my Spitfire several years ago, I purchased the front seal
from one of the big three.  It just would not go in.  It would sort of
act like it was in then it would pop back out.  I then purchased one
from a local parts store and it fit perfectly.  The one I got from
locally was slightly thinner than the other one and it more closely
matched the original.

Good luck.

Roger Elliott