Re: funkhana suggestions?

To: KC3565L@sprintmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: funkhana suggestions?
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:57:42
I've done the funkhana at the Champagne British car Fest for the last
10 years.  That being said, I find having a theme in general helps
plan activities.  For example our 7th Fest had a James Bond theme.  The
acitivites included, mixing a Martini, the Lucas Box (an electric
device that required the contestant light all four lights there was a
number of control switches that randomized the switch sequence).  The
year we had a pirate theme tasks included walking the plank with
flagons of "ale", "fishing for rats" in the hold with a fishing rod
and a "treasure chest" among a couple of other tasks.

These were along with perennial favorites like, the spark plug swap
only to add degrees of difficulty. I hand contestants use a swivel
extenision on a hinged ratchet wrench and the contestants must wear
foundry mitts to do the task. Tire rotation, taking 4 tires and
running around the car to "rotate" them one at a time. Other tasks
included the Stromberg Zenth carb toss (underhanded for distance) and
putting the jewels on the Crown of the British empire. Contestants had
to put labeled tennis balls on the proper "colony" road cone.

We were always limited for space with our funkhana so I had drivers
run the course blindfolded with a navigator.

`hope this helps
  Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)