Re: buying a gt6

To: gschluge@cstone.net
Subject: Re: buying a gt6
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:07:00 -0500
You missed the gearbox input shaft seal.  My GT6 leaves about
a 6" puddle of gear grease every time I stop after a high speed
run on the highway.  I have replaced the seal at least 3 times
and it still does it.  I finally cut an access panel in the
right side of the gearbox cover and just fill it up every so
often.  At least I got the rear seal on the overdrive unit to
quit dripping (much) on the exhaust pipe by replacing the
bearings.
Dave