RE: { NASS } HELP!! GT6 rear hub rebuild

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: { NASS } HELP!! GT6 rear hub rebuild
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:25:19 -0500
Hi Tyler,
Jim at British Racing Green in Delaware does rebuilds, has over 25 years
service experience. I believe he charges about $150/axle including
bearings/seals- keeping in mind that since the axle itself is part of the
bearing component, if its worn, scored, blued or otherwise "knackered" (as
our UK counterparts might say), there might be additional expense once its
all torn down. Contact info on http://www.brgparts.com/home.shtml .

Personally, I picked up a hub puller and did the disassembly part myself,
but after the recent thread on "precision preload" requirements, am putting
off reassembly for a bit until I find more info. Having been through a rear
bearing burnout on a long trip many years ago and having trailered my
spitter from Albany, NY back to Rhode Island, I don't care to have that
experience again!
Good Luck!
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"