RE: Gauge Lights and Unleaded

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gauge Lights and Unleaded
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:26:51 -0000
Mike said, of the white/green gauge lights:

...this is designed to minimise glare.   White light is relegated to the
centre panel, whereas the lights in front of you are shaded green to avoid
dazzle...

Fair enough, but why not make all the gauges green so they match, as well as
not dazzling?  I can't believe that the filters cost so much that Triumph
would have gone THAT far to save a couple of pennies!

Actually, since I have a spare speedo and tacho, I may butcher the filters
off them and fit them to the other gauges so I can make mine all match.

Richard & Daffy