Leaking everywhere

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking everywhere
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:43:43 -0500
I finally fixed my slave cylinder bleading problem.  The carter shore method
eventually worked.  For a couple of days I had to double clutch in the morning
to get it to engage properly. I did not have to use the Ree Gurly method of
Removing the slave cylinder, depressing the slave cylinder actuator, and then
re-installing.  However if I had done that in the first place, I probably
would not have had to use the Carter Shore solution.

My next major problem is oil leaks everywhere.  I fixed the oil leak over the
block by replacing the head gasket and using sealant around the oil passage at
the rear. Thanks to suggestions from Joe Curry and others.   Now it looks like
the rear engine seal is gone, probably the rear transmission seal, and
definitly all three differential seals.

I ordered bearings and seals for the differential.  Should I put the bearings
in or just the seals?  The Diff seems tight enough by hand. I think I will
pull the diff out and work on it on the bench.

I may not have to replace the transmission seal depending on the removal
process.  Is it easier to pull out the engine and transmission together or
leave the transmission in? I have an overhead hoist and beam.

Can the engine and transmission be removed without taking out the tunnel and
other attached interrior parts?

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Greg