RE: Emissions fun, ERG vacuum from where?

To: "John Weale" <jweale@eskimo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Emissions fun, ERG vacuum from where?
From: "Rob T. Getzinger" <RTGetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:06:16 -0800
John,
The port on the top inboard side of the Carb is the one to attach the EGR
vacuum hose to. It should have the progressive vacuum. If you hook it up to the
constant vacuum of the port coming off the rear side intake manifold you will
have exhaust gasses running back in even at idle and will score as a gross
polluter. That constant vacuum port on mine is routed to the anti run on valve.
My progressive vacuum port is teed into, I believe my carbon canister as well.
Good Luck
Rob