FW: List archives?

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:09:28 -0000
Livia asked:

...How do you separate the two?...

On a decent archive site (like we used to have with listquest, and also like
www.escribe.com that I proposed) everything, inevitably, gets filed.
However, the search facility should help you track down what you are after
and sort through the stuff that may, ahem, have less long-term value.
Listquest was better because you could search either author, or subject, or
text, whereas escribe only has one search (which presumably checks all 3).

The only alternative would be to have two lists that we subscribe to, one
technical and one personal/humour etc, and only archive the technical list,
but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle - and it is likely that controversy
will arise if stuff gets posted to one list that some think should be on the
other, and we don't need any more opportunities for pointless bickering.
Best leave that idea behind!

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email