Re: Rear Clunk over bumps

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, <gschluge@cstone.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Clunk over bumps
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 07:19:37 -0500
shock mount is the first thing that come to mind from your description.

>>> "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net> 03/08/02 07:10AM >>>
I have a 76 spit and there is a distinctive loud clunck comming from
the
driver's rear suspension.  I have jacked it up and looked at the
bushings and
fasteners. They are ok.  I checked the diff flanges and they are tight
with
lock nuts.  On a flat road surface at any speed it is fine.  However,
go over
a bump and a VERY loud clunk happens.  I looked at the manual and
there
appears to be a trunion in the rear suspension.  I am wondering if this
may be
the source of the noise.  Any advice would be appreciated.