RE: brake and clutch master cylinders

To: "'Mike Chambers'" <mikech@sprynet.com>,
Subject: RE: brake and clutch master cylinders
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:38:11 -0000
Mike,

Rimmers (who generally use original Triumph part numbers) list the clutch
master cylinder for all Spits as part no. GMC205.  The brake master cylinder
for all except dual-line systems is GMC224.

The pictures for these two look very similar, although the clutch M/C
reservoir looks like it's only at about 60deg to the cylinder, while the
brake M/C reservoir looks more like 90deg.  Could just be the way it's
drawn, however.

In addition, I have a 1500 with single line braking (one of the last), and
my brake M/C looks noticeably different to that shown in the picture - the
reservoir is much bigger, and is plastic with a plastic lid, while the
clutch M/C has a metal reservoir that is solid with the cylinder.

Therefore it is clear that even Rimmers aren't showing the full story.
Nevertheless, it seems that the brake and clutch M/Cs are not the same part
originally (although that doesn't necessarily mean you couldn't use one for
the other at a push, but I'd rather not try it!).

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email