RE: how big - Jumping In - and the LBC Olympics

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: how big - Jumping In - and the LBC Olympics
From: "L G" <boynigel@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:29:11 +0000
>I do this from time to time - in the summer when I feel confident to leave
>the car parked with the top down.  However, I have yet to perfect the
>'leapfrog from behind' approach used by Austin Powers to enter his
>'Shaguar'!  Actually, now I think about it, he may even have somersaulted
>over the boot to land in the drivers seat - there's no way I'm trying
>that!!

Speaking of the Shaguar-my mechanic's company finally put up some of the
restoration pictures on their website-

http://www.europeancollectibles.com and click on the Austin Powers poster.

>As for the LBC Olympics, how about the 'gymnastic contortion to reach in
>behind the dashboard'
>
>Or for cars with solonoid-engaged starters (e.g. MGB) the 'stretch to hold
>the ignition key on while simultaneously hitting the starter solonoid with
>hammer'
>
>The '4x100m relay pushing the car that won't start'
>
>The 'push the car with a dead battery then leap in and engage 2nd' (similar
>to the start of a bob-sleigh race)

LoL-I used to do that so often with poor Mr Lucky Who Wasn't...

>And for sheer endurance, the 'sitting in the car in the height of summer
>with the heater on full blast because you need to cool the engine more than
>yourself'

ROTFLMAO!!!! When you're on the freeway and it's over 100o going throught
the San Fernando Valley-You know they always say that when it's too cold,
your extremeties go numb? Well, it happened to me that day in the
Valley-with the heater on!

Actually, Dave finally convinced me that 3/4 was fine and not to worry until
it gets over that-so, I'm driving around with out the heat more often. (But
it took me over three years to get to that point!)

Laura G.