no reverse

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: no reverse
From: WRROOPE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:06:17 EST
I've been trying to finish a rebuild on a 76 spit w/od. the list has helped
me out with the screwed up ignition switch and a couple of other things. Now
I need help again. I've got it running and started to take it out for a trial
spin and found out that I couldn't get it in reverse. All the other gears
work okay, but could not get the shifter to go into reverse. What should I
look at first? Apparently the car has been sitting for several years. Any
quick checks out there? By the way the clutch does disengage all the way.
Thanks.
bill r
76 spit