Re: 78 Clutch replacement

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 78 Clutch replacement
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:25:57 -0700
Are we talking about RR a transmission in a SPITFIRE?  In my opinion the
Spitfire is the easiest car to remove and replace a transmission in.  I've
gotten the process down to 1.5 hours.  This includes removal of the interior
parts, pull the trans, replace the clutch, install the trans and reassemble
the interior.  Unfortunately, I've had to do it a few times because of bad
clutch parts. I changed a throwout bearing in a 97 Mustang a few weeks ago,
that was 1000 times worse.
MikeC