Another bit of spitfire trivia

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another bit of spitfire trivia
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:37:45 -0800 (PST)
The first Spitfire ever to roll off of the assembly
lines in 1962 had front disc brakes. A feature not
added to Jaguars costing three times the price of a
Spitfire, for another 5 years! Cars like the MG Midget
and Austin Healey Sprite (the Spitfire's target
competition) didn't incorporate the front discs for
close to 10 years after the Spitfire's inception.

-Terry
(Just last week a guy pulled-up next to me in his
pick-up and asked me if my car had front discs, and
when I told him "yes" he asked how I modified it. To
his disbelief, I told him they were stock.)
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com