RE: thanks! & K&N Filters

To: "'James Carruthers'" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: thanks! & K&N Filters
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:42:28 -0400
> My question is - is it worth replacing the standard ones with
> the K&N ones?
> They always seem to advertised as a plus point when I was
> looking at the
> classifieds. And do I not need the hose if I have the K&N
> filters in place? I
> dont see where they would connect to it.

Hi James,

I replaced the standard filters with K&Ns at the beginning of last summer on
the spitsix.  Best upgrade I ever did, she breathes a heck of a lot better
and is a lot more responsive.  I can add to this cause we also added a K&N
on the Mustang, where she would have issues with cold idle they all went
away,  significant performance gain, hit the throttle and gggggoooooo.......

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix
'66 Ford Mustang Coupe
'66 Ford Mustang GT (Next project)
'59 Triumph TR3a (Getting close now)
'99 GMC Safari
'95 GMC K2500 Sierra (TR Support Vehicle)