Re: GT6 engine barely runs ?

To: "spitfires@autox.team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 engine barely runs ?
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:17:14 -0400
I solved the problem.  The spark plug wires were in need of repair,
the carburetor float bowls were filled with rust, the fuel filter was
too, and the sparkplugs were fouled BUT, those problems were not the
cause of the engine not running.  I commented to a friend that it
sounded like the timing was off.  His response was, "is the
distributor loose?"
Well, it was.  Evidently, when I was working on the wiring, I must
have leaned against the vacuum thingy that sticks out from the
distributor thus rotating it and changing the timing.  Once I figured
this out and rotated the distributor back, it ran fine.  Now even
better since I've addressed all the other problems I didn't even know
I had.

Mike           http://pages.prodigy.net/mikeross
'63 Spitfire
'66 Spitfire
'68 Spitfire (donor body tub for GT6 convertible)
'69 GT6+  (donor chassis for GT6 convertible)
'70 GT6+