carb conversions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: carb conversions
From: "George Parker" <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:55:37 -0400
To the lister who wants to change his CD150 for dual SUs (sorry I forgot who
it was):  Others may disagree, and I'm always interested in more educated
opinions than mine, but if you have a 1500, then SUs from an older, 60's
vintage, Spit may not be the best choice.  I think that SUs of that vintage
are of the 1 1/4" variety while the euro Spit 1500s with dual SUs had the 1
1/2" variety.  Always seemed to me that the smaller carbs would be choking
off a lot of the benefit of the larger engine.  Would you want a Ferrari
with only one carb (yes, they did make them, but that's not the point
here)??

Anyway, as I mentioned, more informed opinions are always welcome.

George P.