So simple...

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net spitfires@autox.team.net"
Subject: So simple...
From: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:19:04 -0400
Well its like night and day.

I have been working on my GT6 and doing a lot of improvements.

But I was still bothered my 2 main problems.

1. High speed hesitation and
2. Bogging down in first gear off launch.

Today while I was preparing to do some more tuning, I discovered that one of
the vacuum ports on a carb which I thought was block had been unblocked. I
grab a piece of hose and a twig off a tree and blocked the hole like my
buddy had done for the other port which was open. Not thinking much about it
I went for a drive. Right away I noticed a huge improvement in response.
Then at the stop sign I took off and my RPMs went UP and did not die off
like they used too. In fact I even managed to break traction and spin the
rear tires. I now know what all the other GT6 drivers have been trying to
warn me about, you can really get yourself into trouble if you don't pay
attention. I can push the rear end out at will now. But I don9t plan on
hurting my baby.

Slowly she is coming alive.

Who would have known that an unplugged vacuum port would cost me so much
power. BTW I'm going to try and reconnect all the vacuum advancing hardware
too see if that brings any improvements. To date its not worked, well been
connected.

Sorry I have not updated my website. I have been working hard and figured it
can wait, I plan on updating it soon with info on the work I have done.

A.

--
Andre Rousseau
'68 GT6 - Ottawa