Re: Paint and brake fluid

To: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>, jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Paint and brake fluid
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 05:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
Here's a thought,
if the water can enter the system via the master
cylinder, and then puddles, gravity will cause it run
to the lowest spot that it has access to.
If we plumb a trap into the brake line after it exits
the MC, then we can protect the rest of the braking
system from the water.
A trap would be easy to fabricate:
Use one of the same T fittings as fitted to the
Spitfire, mounted at the bottom of a J loop 5-6" long.
The T would be mounted sideways, with the line from
the MC coming in from the top, and the line going to
the rest of the braking system exiting to the side.
The remaining port of the T stub serves as the water
trap. It could be closed off with a bleeder screw, to
allow draining. The capacity is small, but we are not
talking about major water either. The capacity could
be expanded by using a short length of brake line
instaed of the bleeder screw, with a 2-way fitting at
the end.

Crude ASCII art follows

  to braking system       from MC
                    |     |