My spitfire anniversary

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: My spitfire anniversary
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:33:12 -0400
Today marks 20 years for me of daily driving in a spitfire.   From
1981-1991 in a dark blue 1972 Mk IV (Rusty) and from 1991 to
the present in a red and primer 1978 1500 (ol Sparky).   I estimate
200,000 + miles, temperatures from 11 F to 102 F, blizzards, ice
storms and so many rainstorms that I can no longer emotionally
conceive of riding in any car in the rain and staying dry.  I mean,
intellectually, I understand that there are people riding around
in the rain not assuming contortionist positions to avoid the
various drips and leaks but to me rain can only mean getting wet.

While there were numerous no-starts and roadside fixes, I can
only recall 7 actual strandings, which really isnt too bad.

Heres to the next 20!

Greg Rowe