Light Switch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Light Switch
From: Phillip <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 22:01:32 -0400
I have finally made time to work on the Spit today!  I had recently had a
problem with my light switch melting down after having it turned on for a
while (not original).  So I finally got brave enough to start pulling the
lights apart to clean up the connections.  I found that most of them were
pretty dirty.  Now after cleaning up the connections and replacing bulbs I
have all but the reverse lights and turn signals flashing (they do turn on
with the light switch, front only).  I still do not have the correct
replacement light switch, I am using a two contact switch I have to
test.  The PO had broke the original switch and just wrapped two of the
wires together and connected it all to a two contact plastic switch.

Do the rear turn signals light up when the lights are turned on or do they
only light up when you use the turn signal switch?  Also could the two
contact switch be the cause of my wires getting hot or is there a short
somewhere else that I have not found yet?  If there is a short that I am
overlooking how could I find it?  Thank you for all the help!  This is the
first time that I have actually worked on the wiring in a car and I still
don't feel as though I know anything.

Phillip
76' Spitfire 1500

metaz76@earthlink.net