Re: heat shield question

To: <HD883HUGGR@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heat shield question
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:18:20 -0400
I've got no pictures of mine, but mine cost me a whole $1 to make.  I went and
purchased a cheap aluminum foil type baking pan.  Spent a few minutes shoving
it around and under the carburetors to decide where and how I should install
it.  Poked two holes in it to run the air filter bolts through.  Cut and folded
to get it under the carburetors and up to the engine.  Poked a few more holes
in it, and with twisty ties lashed it onto the back of the manifold.  It's been
working fine.  One of those things that I really should have done long ago.
Very crude installation, but quite effective.  Total installation time of about
20 minutes.

>>> <HD883HUGGR@aol.com> 05/11 12:20 PM >>>

Hi Gang.  I was hoping to avoid the heat shield thing, but I've had vapor
lock 3 times this month and so have decided it may be time...
    I recall about 18 months ago the heat shield thread came up and one
Lister had an excellent photo of his cookie-sheet shield.  Are you still on
the list?   I'd like to see that photo... and would appreciate any
installation suggestions you or anyone else might want to shoot my way.  I'm
not looking forward to this project...!

///