Re: PRICES

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRICES
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:28:23 EST
In a message dated 03/05/2001 10:07:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
flinters@picarefy.com writes:

<< NAPA sells Timken tapered roller bearings. >>

If you live in a large metropolitan area or one with a reasonably decent
industrial area you can get bearings quite a bit less expensively by going to
industrial/bearing supply houses.  They cater to wholesale sometimes but I've
had great luck with them buying one at a time retail  also.  It's usually
best to bring the bearing in question with you if possible since that makes
looking it up in their interchange book simpler.  From my experience the
prices are usually at least 1/3 to 1/2 better.  As an example a tranny
bearing for my Audi was $81 retail... $27 at the industrial bearing place.
Most of them sell all the major players (Timken, SKF, etc.).

Bill J
'68 GT8