Re: Header Paint

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@home.com>
Subject: Re: Header Paint
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:15:08 -0500
Joe Curry wrote :::

.  The only thing that
> will withstand that sort of temperature is a special high performance
coating that is rather expensive and possibly high temperature
> powder coating.
>
> Joe (How has two cans of different High temp 1300 degrees F sitting on a
shelf collecting dust)

Joe and list, I have the 1400 degree powder-coat, it will "not" withstand
the temperature of headers, it will work just fine on exhaust manifolds, I
think the difference is the thickness and temp. of the header pipes vs. the
thickness and temp of the manifold. or the 2 different types of metal used
on the headers vs. manifold.  "FT"